Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another CC Exclusive!

As promised, here is CC’s follow-up interview with Nathan Stobezki of MyOwnRunway.com! View the initial Q&A here. Photos via style.com.

1) Welcome back, Nathan! I understand you attended 19 shows at New York Fashion Week... Which 3 were your favorites and why? Were there any disappointments?

My 3 favorite shows would have to be Tory Burch, Rodarte and Oscar de la Renta.

Tory Burch traded in the cute sandals for some tough combat boots and I enjoyed that a lot. I also noticed Tory’s love for leather and incorporating it into the Fall 2009 Collection was genius. Fashion is all about breaking the rules but knowing your limits and Tory seemed to nail both perfectly.

Rodarte – Kate and Laura Mulleavy know a thing or two about fashion and when they make clothing it shows. This runway collection there seemed to be a little Edward Scissorhands theme but what I loved most was all the organic fabric and materials they used for a lot of the dresses and each number looked handmade in its own individual way. Just Magnificent.

Oscar De la Renta – Well let’s start off by saying Oscar is Oscar. His dresses and gowns are just fabulous and the colors are always right on. The subtle variety like a black silk off the shoulder column cinched with a metallic belt was spot on. Even in times of an economic downturn Oscar seems to ignore it and just plow through and everyone knows if anyone knows how to dress a woman and make her look Polished then Oscar is Your Man.

2) Here at CC, there is a strong focus on accessories. Were there any collections that really impressed you in terms of handbags, shoes, gloves and millinery?

Well, I really enjoyed the wonderful handbags at Tory Burch. The models at Marc Jacobs and Rodarte walked the runway in Alice Cooper-worthy chain-wrapped black booties. It’s time to give love to the glove. The gloves I saw this week at Max Azria and Elie Tahari are the type of gloves begging for some attention. There was Lots of Fur but no PETA. The fur at Matthew Williamson [right], Thakoon and Dennis Basso came in a broad array of colors and textures and are an easy way to glam up your all-black outfit in one simple step.

3) What key trends did you notice among the collections you viewed? (CC has already noted the one-sleeve phenomenon)

Yes, there were several trends like the one sleeve dresses that were found on almost every runway. Then there were the neon pink and green dresses at Marc Jacobs [right] and Michael Kors. The versions of leather pants from the likes of Derek Lam, Alexander Wang and Diane von Furstenberg … were delightful. The overall Key Colors were gray, white, basically the neutrals. There were as well lots of Neon Colors at Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs. Lastly, the majority of the designers were showing looks from the 80’s, trying to instill Confidence and Better Times ahead.

4) Where can we go to view your videos of the collections?
Well you can now go to http://www.myownrunway.com and view at least 20 full length videos and tons of Pictures. The Barbie 50th Anniversary Fashion show was Amazing and if you go to my website you can watch the full show, Trust me you won’t be disappointed! Milan and Paris are to follow! Stay Fashionable!

Thanks, Nathan! See more here, darlings. And enjoy your Saturday!
xoxox,
CC

P.S. CC has a Guest Blogger feature today on Fellow Fashionista Danz's blog, Fatal Attraction 2 Fashion... It's CC's top 5 picks for Spring under $50 and you can check it out here.

38 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Hey CC,

What a fantastic post and interwiew. I love the first pic. Yummy!

Have a great weekend, darling: Janet

Anonymous said...

Wooow, CC rocks ! ;D
Rodarte <3.

kathleen said...

Perfect way to start a beautiful Saturday morning. Thank you, CC!

Keith said...

Hey Carrie. Great interview. I really enjoyed reading it. I also loved the pics you posted. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Cheers! Keith

Unknown said...

Me ha gustado, sí señor!

Black Patent Stilettos said...

Very interesting collection! There are so many colours and textures going on in those pieces.

freeteyme said...

Really cool interview. Those pictures are lovely. I'm a Tory Burch fan and I'm excited to see the new collection. Have a great weekend C!

Mom Fashion World said...

you always ask intelligent questions, carrie!
i just realized that pink and green can be a good match too.
thanks for sharing photos again and i'm going to watch the video now...

Annabel Wendt (LoveMore) said...

OH C to the C! (haha) thanks for your lovely comment! you are so kind to me..and how fun, just saw the stockings grace your side bar! thanks for having it link to me also :)

i had a great friday thanks, fab weekend all round actually! hope you have had a good one too?!?!

much love LM xxxxxxxxx

Make Do Style said...

Good scoop as they used to say!
Great to catch up your blog - been completely absorbed in studies.

Anonymous said...

Rodarte was clearly the kingchic of New York.

[K]

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

what a great interview! thanks for sharing CC :)

xx

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic interview! I completely agree with him about Tory Burch and Oscar--they were amazing! Also, loved the neon MK executed this season. Fabulous post, as always, dear :-)

Iole said...

your posts are always so ispiring...
love them all
xoxo
Iole

Hemaly said...

I so agree that Tory Burch's collection was great. Pretty surprising though!

Gracie said...

that green coat is gorrrrrgeous :)

Winnie said...

Great interview! I am loving this trend of grey, I think I will have to wear grey tomorrow!

erika sorocco said...

The outfit in that first picture is to die for. I would love to have that hanging in my closet. Great interview!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

I adored this post, fab! Thank you for sharing

C.

shopinchic said...

Good interview!

Allison said...

Ooh, CC I would kill to be at the Rodarte show, I'm so jealous of Nathan! You once again asked fabulous questions, and I enjoyed this interview very much :)

Keep up the good work darling, and enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

phamzy said...

the third photo stands out among the rest. i love the gold detail that matched with the necklace!!!!




http://ckuf-info.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Lovely interview! I love Nathan's top show picks.

Miranda said...

saw your thing on danz' blog :)
loved it<3

T said...

Such a great interview! I love how insightful he is on trends. Fabulous post, CC!

T said...

Such a great interview! I love how insightful he is on trends. Fabulous post, CC!

La Belette Rouge said...

Ooh, that green coat is gorgeous!!! Love.xoxo

Rina said...

Great post! I love this selection of outfits!

yiqin; said...

Ah I love oscar de la renta too! He makes the most chic gowns.

Sara said...

Nice interview!!

Anonymous said...

yipee! love CC!

Myriam said...

Lovely header! xx

Diego R. Wyatt said...

Awesome feature CC. Nathan is spot on and his vids are great. I can't wait until I start hitting the tents in the fall!

Terence Sambo said...

gr8 interview..i def wanna go see some shows in new york this yr..but i start fashion sch in london may so i dnt know if i'd have time to travel.. :oD

Seeker said...

Again and as usual a great work CC.

Thanks for all the effort to informe us and share all with us.

xoxo

Frankie said...

Great interview! Good work, CC x

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo Darling! P.S. I love the banded bottom dress! Your site always brightens my day.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this interview, very informative for those of us not lucky enough to have seen it all in person. And those colorful fur coats? All I can say is YEESSS!!! with a thin line of drool hanging from my bottom lip.