Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's only Rock 'n Roll . . . But I like it!!

Rock out, darlings!
Think leather, lace, zippers, and studs!!


Thanks to fellow fashionista Rich Hippie at
http://rich-hippie.blogspot.com/ for her amazing rocker style and for finding the image at the top left of this post!
We all recognize those amazing studded Christian Louboutin booties - delish!

On the runways, designers were singing a similar tune!


At Rodnick, the nod to rocker chic was literal! Photo at left via style.com.


Dolce & Gabbana's rocker chic reference was a tad more buttoned-up, with a retro concert tee peeking out from beneath mountains of tartan.
We heart Bowie . . .
CC loves this look! Note the dramatic deep red lips, the silk cravat: it's all working!

Detail photo courtesy style.com.
Balmain - skin tight and shimmery - it's still rock and roll to me!


This and the following runway images in today's post are courtesy nymag.com.


Givenchy
Leather and lace? Yes and yes!!
Betsey Johnson . . . Fishnets and crimped hair do the (cheap) trick!

Jeremy Laing - shiny black and red really rock!

Salvatore Ferragamo
It doesn't get any shorter and tighter than this!


Alexander Wang The total look: skullcap, skimpy tank, zippered leather skirt, knee-high boots and black hosiery.
For all you aspiring rock stars:
How to look the part!
When it comes to dresses, the sexier, the better. But go short or low-cut, not both. Backless or sheer, not both.
You get the idea.
At left:
Alexander Wang silk chiffon backless tank dress, at shopbop.com.
Laila Azhar metallic twist front dress. Visit tobi.com.
You've seen their fab Latex leggings (which CC adores and would also highly recommend for this trend).
But did you know that Kova & T are dressmakers as well?
How hot is their Renata stretch lace dress with cutout back detail?
Go to shopbop.com to buy.


Privee Spider Web doubleknit dress, at intermixonline.com
LaROK Rocker Band miniskirt with jeweled waistline, at shopbop.com
Gryphon indigo sequined drum major jacket. CC likes that this one is NAVY - you need not wear black to rock!! Visit revolveclothing.com to purchase.
Members Only fitted tiger print jacket, at chickdowntown.com. Me-ow!!
JEWELRY & ACCESSORIES
Luc Kieffer has some resin and crystal pieces that totally rock, like this oval star cocktail ring (left) and Star Cuff (below), both at shopbop.com
Tom Binns silver bangle net-a-porter.com
Trash and Vaudeville studded belt

FOOTWEAR:
The runway inspiration: Rodarte


Manolo Blahnik black patent cutout bootie, at Neiman Marcus
Fendi suede shoe boots, at net-a-porter.com
Steven by Steve Madden Midory boots. Go to nordstrom.com to buy.
Giuseppe Zanotti lace-up open toe booties, at The Intermix, New York
Jimmy Choo Cecile crystal clutch.
Visit net-a-porter.com to buy this sexy little bag!
Proof that studs need not be tacky and overtly tough?
This Anya Hindmarch Cholet bag, available at shopbop.com. The gold hardware is edgy, yet refined.
For the sophisticated rocker!
Not ready to pull those studded jackets and leather pants out of cold storage just yet?
No problem: this Melissa Obadash Jessica stud embellished bandeau swimsuit will do just fine!
Visit net-a-porter.com to buy.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Rock out, darlings!!

53 comments:

Ella Gregory said...

I really like this whole look, especially the Givenchy collection. Marc by Marc has some really cute zipper boots that make me think of this look.

Christina said...

Couture Carrie...I love u!!!

Christina said...

I know you can read my mind. yet another great post!

Tricia said...

oh, favorite look of them all, this speaks to my heart!

/// said...

Good LORD, you are awesome. Can you revamp my wardrobe please? ;)

Love to you!

Rich Hippie said...

AW thank you for mentioning me you shouldnt!

Sharon S said...

I adore this Laila Azhar dress-its so rocker chic!! I also like the D&G look-a great inspirational look!! Oh, you're making me think about ditching my florals now, haha!!

♔Jaimie said...

yes! I love the rocker looks!

starbrained said...

Those Louboutins are amazing! Very rocker chic

Sydney said...

where do you get this amaizng pictures?!

please fill me in!

betsey johnson is one of my favorties

lara said...

I like it too :) Givenchy is great!! And again a great post!

Nellz said...

EVERYTHING I JUST SEEN IS BEAUTIFUL....i LOVE THAT BATHSUIT..AND THOSE SHOES..HOTTNESS!!! THANKS FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!

Sydney said...

thank you so much!

i'm not really updating my vintage blog... not really a vintage blog anyway haha.

i'll mainly put any fashion on my personal blog/soon-to-be-fashion blog!

i do love those celebrity fashion icons!

thanks againfor the links!

Aliena said...

kysOh yeah!!!!

Myriam said...

I just need the rodarte heels (!!) and the studded louboutins!!

GuapĆ³loga said...

I loved those white and black pumps and the stud swimsuit! That's my kind of rock!!!

Un beso!!

Simone

Miss White said...

Love these, Dolce & Gabbana is a favourite of mine this season!

Arielle said...

I like your variety. I've been a fan of the more polished rocker look so Im a fan of Dolce and Gabbana's collection. I also like the lace dress you picked out. I would love to own that.

Mrs.French said...

sexy with an edge...what's not to like?

Vain and Vapid said...

I could wear nothing but pieces from the Balmain, Rodnik and Alexander Wang collections and be perfectly happy....

Anonymous said...

I love this look so much! And that Kova & T Dress is a perfect mix of feminine and edgy.

alluretone said...

this look never gets old. i love the alexander wang.

dee said...

I'm so happy you commented on my blog because I love yours! I am devouring it. The Gucci 09 resort wear especially, which I would wear to that dream house you have posted. LOVE IT! I can't wait for September!!

Annie Spandex said...

Oh, hell yes! XD

The Redheaded Bandit said...

jeremy laing's (sp?) was positively fabulous

Moonie said...

hey thanks for your comments i love this post it's great perfect for my style!!!I'm a hippie mix with rocker and chic! I'm a mutant!!!LOL
Rock on!
Prue

Economy of Style said...

Love it all!

Richel said...

I kind of agree with the whole grunge-rock and roll look. it's fun and sexy, and gives a legitimate excuse to stud clothing (in proportion of course.)

emily said...

i love it all! givenchy and alexander wang are my favorites. and those studded louboutins are haunting me.

Lady Thirty said...

love the look!
have to dress Lady T in a rocker outfit someday ;)

take care!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I love anything rock n roll....it's just so hot :)

Mica said...

Ah, I love the rock look! I usually just wear the accessories instead though. I love my studded belt and bracelets. You have such great picks in this post, I really like the Jimmy Choo clutch!

MĆ³nica said...

Those Manolos are awesome!

Hanne said...

I'm not really a rock chic, but I loved the bag from Anya Hindmarch:)

Sydneydoll said...

rockchick is probably my favourite style.

jimmy choo did boots really similar to those manolo ones.
i have them - they are so beautiful.

Andy said...

wowow. what an amazing post!
:)


i posted something new today, check it and comment it. x

sofi! said...

I love this style, and loved all the outfits! (and the shoes, omg!)
Kisses

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I always wanted to be a rocker chick. Classic rock is my favorite type of music. I just don't think I "look" rocker enough. But I love these! Such comprehensive coverage as well, I should save the post to an inspiration folder.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love this style! i think paired with some accent colors i would totally rock it :)

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

SO what I'm into, great post! Love the Ferragamo look, and naturally the Alex Wang...swoon!

As a side note, I like the first photo but I find the model kind of gross

WendyB said...

Hot stuff. Especially studs on boots.

Carolina Lange said...

Great post! I lvoe the Gryphon jacket and the best thing is that it is navy! Wow!

Da Fashionista said...

can't get enough of studs right now - the metal adornments AND cute boys!

shopinchic said...

I have always been a fan of rocker chick style. I love almost everything featured here!

chauss said...

great choices! i already own a few of those pieces...i am working on constructing a money tree...

Wuthering said...

Fabulous post! Rock & Roll 4 eva!

Songy said...

a little bit of rock & roll makes a boring outfit shines! I have a belt with studs (man's actually).. love wearing it with a plain white t with jeans...

I'm hanging out to get a bag.. Anya bag is cool. I'm digging CCSKYE's stud pieces ^__^

Fastidious Babe said...

I was just going to post about shoes with studs! I was sitting on the fence when it came to chunky hardware and shoes.. but i kinda like the whole rock n roll looks u posted! x

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

love all of the clothes and the outfits!
such a great selection!!

Crave said...

I am 100% smitten with the rocker chick look and aspire to have my wardrobe be as cool as these looks...as always, great post!! Keep it up!

The Collector said...

I like all of this, but only in moderation... i.e - a zip here and a stud there - but not everything at once.

Pamcasso said...

love it! Makes me want to dress up like a Robert Palmer model:)

Unknown said...

rock and roll is the best genre there is, his best seasons were the 70s, 80s and 90s. Thank God for rock and roll yeahhh!